In light of the Supreme Court’s chilling decision today overturning Roe v. Wade (and its equally chilling implications for other rights based on substantive due process,) I am re-upping this post from 2020. The exercise of power in our nation is increasingly de-linked from popular will, making today’s action by the Court not only a devastating blow to the rights of women that inserts the government into the most personal of decisions, but also exhibit A in a growing crisis of democratic legitimacy.
- New Ro Makes Climate Progress
- Hudson Valley Mayors Back Housing Initiative
- Hochul Touts Housing with Business and Community Leaders
- Join Our Spring Parks Cleanup
- Zoning Amendments Set Standards for Waterfront, Promote Homeownership
- Go Gaels!
- Supporting DACA
- New Ro Highlighted at Housing Conference
- Pub Talk on Going Green
- State of the City 2023 – A Golden Hour