An extremely difficult day for the New Rochelle Fire Department yesterday. Joined by mutual aid companies, they fought a stubborn 5-alarm blaze at 2 Hamilton Avenue (just north of City Hall) from early morning into the evening. Our community mourns the tragic loss of a building resident, and is saddened, too, by the extensive damage to a distinctive historic structure. Going forward, investigation of the fire’s cause and ensuring the safety and clean-up of the site will, of course, be priorities. For now, I am simply very grateful for the bravery and professionalism of the NRFD, which were on fully display.
- New Ro Makes Climate Progress
- Hudson Valley Mayors Back Housing Initiative
- Hochul Touts Housing with Business and Community Leaders
- Join Our Spring Parks Cleanup
- Zoning Amendments Set Standards for Waterfront, Promote Homeownership
- Go Gaels!
- Supporting DACA
- New Ro Highlighted at Housing Conference
- Pub Talk on Going Green
- State of the City 2023 – A Golden Hour