The Glen Island COVID testing center is set to close on June 25th, allowing full access to the park for the first time since the pandemic began. The opening of the nation’s first drive-thru testing facility was a powerful symbol of New Rochelle’s status as an early epicenter of the virus; now, the full re-opening of Glen Island Park is an equally powerful symbol of our city’s recovery. Even as we celebrate this milestone, we should also feel gratitude for the dedicated organizers and health care professionals who worked heroically to stand up the center in the midst of a crisis, and whose tireless efforts since then have been critical to our region’s pandemic response. Here’s more from the Journal News.
- Beautiful City
- New Rochelle in The Real Deal
- Thank You, Meals on Wheels
- New Ro Makes Climate Progress
- Hudson Valley Mayors Back Housing Initiative
- Hochul Touts Housing with Business and Community Leaders
- Join Our Spring Parks Cleanup
- Zoning Amendments Set Standards for Waterfront, Promote Homeownership
- Go Gaels!
- Supporting DACA