As New Rochelle’s recovery continues, we are working with local restaurants to expand outdoor dining options and re-imagine public spaces for everyone’s enjoyment (and safety.) Here’s one great example: starting this Sunday, the City is partnering with the Chamber of Commerce and the BID to launch a two-week experiment on Division Street, closing the road to traffic and allowing multiple restaurants to establish socially-distanced seating. Al fresco dining will be available from 1:00pm to 9:00pm on Sunday, and then from noon to 9:00pm through July 5th. While the test is running, we can evaluate public use of the space, gauge impacts on traffic and business, and learn lessons that might apply to other restaurant rows. This press release has more information.
- New Ro Holiday Market at the Train Station
- Local Giving Opportunities for the Holidays
- More Backyard Wildlife
- Passing the Baton
- Food Blog: Town House
- Giving Thanks at the Doyle Center
- New Ro Thanksgiving Parade This Saturday
- Holiday Lights in New Ro
- Calcification. Parity. Cultural Backlash.
- Food Tour of Union Avenue