Today’s MTA announcement of a $54 billion capital plan is important news for transit-riders throughout the metro area, and is especially significant for New Rochelle, because it funds Penn Access, which will link the New Haven line to Penn Station. The rail line splits here in New Rochelle, so when Penn Access is completed, New Rochelle will have the closest station to Manhattan with direct service to the east and west sides. From a long-term perspective, it’s hard to overstate how much of a positive impact this will have on our city’s ability to attract investment and population, not to mention improving the daily experience of countless commuters.
- Farmers Market Returns to Paine Cottage
- My Memorial Day Remarks
- Seacord Park Re-Opens
- What’s Next for Me
- Another Downtown Groundbreaking
- New Garage Opens Downtown
- Ooh! I Know That One.
- Memorial Day Observance in New Rochelle
- School and Library Elections on Tuesday
- Summer Sizzle – Downtown Concert Series at Library Green