As noted here last summer, New Rochelle’s Comprehensive Plan is about to undergo a complete re-evaluation.
Though focused primarily on issues of land use, a good Comprehensive Plan helps city leaders, residents, neighborhood associations, and business people make decisions about the future of New Rochelle in ways that are productive, rational, and consensus-driven. The new Comprehensive Plan will become the blueprint for both development and preservation of our community.
During the first week of June, the Department of Development will hold six public meetings throughout the city to discuss Envision New Rochelle. Every resident and interested party is invited to attend any of the following events:
- Friday, June 1, 10am – 2pm, City Hall, Youth Bureau Conference Room
- Monday, June 4, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Ward Elementary School
- Tuesday, June 5, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, New Rochelle High School
- Wednesday, June 6, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Mascaro Boys & Girls Club
- Thursdy, June 7, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, New Rochelle YMCA
- Friday, June 8, 10am – 2pm, City Hall, Youth Bureau Conference Room
The revision of our Comprehensive Plan is a large, important undertaking, and I hope you will consider attending one of these meetings and becoming involved.