Program Celebrates Historic Properties & Structures
Review Heritage Nomination Guidelines & Instructions.
Read the latest issue of the Preserver, New Rochelle’s official historic preservation newsletter.
The City is now seeking nominations for the third annual New Rochelle Heritage Awards. This program celebrates and raises public awareness about historic properties and structures in the following categories:
- Residences older than 50 years that are significant to New Rochelle’s history;
- Public or quasi-public structures (e.g. house of worship, home of an organization) older than 50 years that are significant to New Rochelle’s history;
- Stellar restoration, residence;
- Stellar restoration, adaptive reuse;
- Home of nationally prominent individual;
- Significant architect or architectural style; and
- Landscape or landscape feature (e.g. cemeteries, stone walls, signs, excepting gardens.)
Nominations may be submitted by individuals, organizations, businesses, or municipal representatives. Additional information and nomination guidelines are here. The deadline for nominations is January 8, 2010, with winners to be announced next spring.