Containing more than sixty acres of woods, fields, and trails, Ward Acres is New Rochelle’s largest park. Although quite beautiful, the park is poorly maintained and largely underutilized. In order to better manage the physical condition and usage of Ward Acres, the City is now in the early stages of developing a park Master Plan. The master plan will include a comprehensive assessment of building and trail conditions, usage patterns, and more, with the goal of making Ward Acres are more inviting place for the appreciation of nature and general recreation. The Master Plan will be developed with the assistance of a professional consultant and paid for through recreation impact fees charged to local developers.
- New Rochelle in The Real Deal
- Thank You, Meals on Wheels
- New Ro Makes Climate Progress
- Hudson Valley Mayors Back Housing Initiative
- Hochul Touts Housing with Business and Community Leaders
- Join Our Spring Parks Cleanup
- Zoning Amendments Set Standards for Waterfront, Promote Homeownership
- Go Gaels!
- Supporting DACA
- New Ro Highlighted at Housing Conference