Skateboarding has become an increasingly popular sport. Unfortunately, safe facilities for skateboarding are in short supply in Westchester County. Last year, a volunteer committee began advocating and planning for the creation of a Skate Park in New Rochelle. In response, the City offered preliminary approval for a currently unused portion of the western edge of City Park on Fifth Avenue. Recently, these plans received a major shot in the arm in the form of a generous $150,000 pledge from local businessman and philanthropist Sidney Frank. It seems likely that New Rochelles Skate Park will soon be a reality, much to the delight of many area teens.
- New Ro Makes Climate Progress
- Hudson Valley Mayors Back Housing Initiative
- Hochul Touts Housing with Business and Community Leaders
- Join Our Spring Parks Cleanup
- Zoning Amendments Set Standards for Waterfront, Promote Homeownership
- Go Gaels!
- Supporting DACA
- New Ro Highlighted at Housing Conference
- Pub Talk on Going Green
- State of the City 2023 – A Golden Hour